Doctor of Ecology · Associate Professor
Email: [email protected] / [email protected]
College of Environment and Ecology, Chongqing University, Chongqing 400045, China
- Associate Professor, College of Environment and Ecology, Chongqing University (2021.09 – Present)
- Assistant Professor, College of Environment and Ecology, Chongqing University (2017.06 – 2021.08)
- Postdoctoral Fellow, Postdoctoral Station of Ecology Chongqing University (2015.06 – 2017.05)
- Doctor of Environment Science, Yokohama National University (2012.04 – 2015.03)
- Master of Environment Science, Yokohama National University (2010.04 – 2012.03)
- Bachelor of Engineering, Nanjing Forestry University (2005.09 – 2009.06)
- Plant fucntional traits
(Recent five years, first or corresponding author)
- Qian, H., & Qian, S. (2022). Floristic homogenization as a result of the introduction of exotic species in China. Diversity and Distributions, 28(10), 2139-2151.
- Qian, H., Qian, S., & Sandel, B. (2022). Phylogenetic structure of alien and native species in regional plant assemblages across China: Testing niche conservatism hypothesis versus niche convergence hypothesis. Global Ecology and Biogeography, 31(9), 1864-1876.
- Qian, H., Rejmánek, M., & Qian, S. (2022). Are invasive species a phylogenetically clustered subset of naturalized species in regional floras? A case study for flowering plants in China. Diversity and Distributions, 28(10), 2084-2093.
- Zhi, Y., Lu, H., Grieger, K. D., Munoz, G., Li, W., Wang, X., He, Q., & Qian, S. (2022). Bioaccumulation and Translocation of 6: 2 Fluorotelomer Sulfonate, GenX, and Perfluoroalkyl Acids by Urban Spontaneous Plants. ACS ES&T Engineering.
- Hu, L., Qin, D., Lu, H., Li, W., Shang, K., Lin, D., Zhao, L., Yang, Y., & Qian, S. (2021). Urban growth drives trait composition of urban spontaneous plant communities in a mountainous city in China. Journal of Environmental Management, 293, 112869.
- Qian, S., Qin, D., Wu, X., Hu, S., Hu, L., Lin, D., Zhao, L., Shang, K., Song, K., & Yang, Y. (2020). Urban growth and topographical factors shape patterns of spontaneous plant community diversity in a mountainous city in southwest China. Urban Forestry & Urban Greening, 55, 126814.
Grants, Fellowships, and Awards
- Project leader, National Natural Science Foundation of China  (220,000 CNY, 2020.01 – 2022.12)
- Project leader, Special Funding for Postdoctoral Researcher of Chongqing [Xm2016083] (50,000 CNY, 2016 – 2017)
- Project participant, Chongqing Research Program of Basic Research and Frontier Technology [cstc2016jcyjA0379] (50,000 CNY, 2017 – 2019)
- Project participant, National Natural Science Foundation of China  (200,000 CNY, 2017 – 2019)
- Project leader, Fundamental Research Funds for the Central Universities [Project No.106112016CDJCR211215] (50,000 CNY, 2016 – 2017)
- Project leader, China Postdoctoral Science Foundation funded project [2016M592635] (50,000 CNY, 2016 – 2017)
- Project participant, Project of China Science and Technology [2015FY210200] (280,000 CNY, 2015.05 – 2020.04)
- Outstanding graduates of Yokohama National University (2015.03) Hirose International Scholarship (900,000 JPY, 2014.10 – 2015.03)
- Yokohama Academic Foundation Grant-in-aid for Overseas Travel Expenses (50,000 JPY, 2013)
- Yokohama National University International Academic Exchange Reward Program (140,000 JPY, 2013)
- Yokohama National University Scholarship (300,000 JPY, 2013.04 – 2014.03)
- Monbukagakusho Honors Scholarship for Privately Financed International Students (780,000 JPY, 2013.04 – 2014.03)
- Sasakawa Scientific Research Grant (500,000 JPY, 2013 – 2014)
- Outstanding graduates of Nanjing Forestry University (2009.06)
- English: Professional working proficiency; has complete fluency to read English articles covering both general and professional topics; able to communicate effectively on practical and professional topics in English; can write professional articles independently with sufficient structural accuracy and vocabulary
- Japanese: Professional working proficiency; has no problems in reading Japanese articles; can handle most situations including casual conversations and professional discussions in Japanese; has a general vocabulary and control of grammar to write in Japanese
- Mandarin Chinese: Native language
- Hello May 10, 2023