Hi there and welcome to my personal website! I am an urban ecologist working in biodiversity science. Check my curriculum vitae below for details. If you have further questions, feel free to send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Current address: School of Environment and Ecology, Chongqing University, Chongqing 400045, China
- Lecturer, School of Environment and Ecology, Chongqing University (2017.06 - Present)
- Postdoctoral Fellow, Postdoctoral Station of Ecology Chongqing University (2015.06 - 2017.05)
- Doctor of Environment Science, Yokohama National University (2012.04 - 2015.03)
- Master of Environment Science, Yokohama National University (2010.04 - 2012.03)
- Bachelor of Engineering, Nanjing Forestry University (2005.09 - 2009.06)
Areas of Interest
- Urban biodiversity
- Ecosystem management
- Conservation ecology
Funds and Awards
- The Young Scientists Fund of the National Natural Science Foundation of China (NSFC) [Grant No. 31901152], 2020.01 - 2022.12, 220,000 CNY (Project Leader)
- Special Funding for Postdoctoral Researcher of Chongqing [Grant No. Xm2016083], 2016.01 - 2017.12, 50,000 CNY (Project Leader)
- China Postdoctoral Science Foundation funded project [Grant No. 2016M592635], 2016.01 - 2017.12, 50,000 CNY (Project Leader)
Peer-Reviewed Journal Articles
Lin D, Yang S, Dou P, Wang H, Wang F, Qian S, Yang G, Zhao L, Yang Y, Fanin N. (2019) A plant economics spectrum of litter decomposition among coexisting fern species in a subtropical forest. Annals of Botany mcz166
Huang L, Qian S*, Li T, Jim CY, Jin C, Zhao L, Lin D, Zhang J, Shang K, Yang Y. (2019) Masonry walls as sieve of urban plant assemblages and refugia of native species in Chongqing, China. Landscape and Urban Planning 191:103620 [*Corresponding Author]
Ding Y, Qian S*, Wu X, Zhao L, Lin D, Zhang J, Yang Y. (2019) Homogenization of China’s urban aquatic macrophyte communities: A meta-analytic study. Ecological Indicators 106:105566 [*Corresponding Author]
Tang CQ, Yang YC, Momohara A, Wang HC, Luu HT, Li S, Song K, Qian S, LePage B, Dong YF, Han PB, Ohsawa M, Le BT, Tran HD, Dang MT, Peng MC, Wang CY. (2019) Forest characteristics and population structure of Glyptostrobus pensilis: a globally endangered relict species of southeastern China. Plant Diversity 41:237-249
Lin D, Wang F, Fanin N, Pang M, Dou P, Wang H, Qian S, Zhao L, Yang Y, Mi X, Ma K. (2019) Soil fauna promote litter decomposition but do not alter the relationship between leaf economics spectrum and litter decomposability. Soil Biology and Biochemistry 136:107519
Lin D, Pan M, Fanin N, Wang H, Qian S, Zhao L, Yang Y, Ma K. (2019) Fungi participate in driving home-field advantage of litter decomposition in a subtropical forest. Plant and Soil 434:467-480.
Tang CQ, Matsui T, Ohashi H, Dong FY, Momohara A, Herrando-Moraira S, Qian S, Yang YC et al. (2018) Relict plant species in East Asia: identifying long-term stable refugia. Nature Communications 9:4488.
Qian S, Tang CQ, Yi S, Zhao L, Song K, Yang YC (2018) Conservation and development in conflict: regeneration of wild Davidia involucrata (Nyssaceae) communities weakened by bamboo management in south-central China. Oryx 52:442-451.
Qian S, Qi M, Huang L, Zhao L, Lin D, Yang YC (2016) Biotic homogenization of China’s urban greening: a meta-analysis on woody species. Urban Forestry & Urban Greening 18:25-33.
Qian S, Yang YC, Tang CQ, Momohara A, Yi S, Ohsawa M (2016) Effective conservation measures are needed for wild Cathaya argyrophylla populations in China: insights from the population structure and regeneration characteristics. Forest Ecology and Management 361:358-367.
Mori AS, Qian S, Tatsumi S (2015) Academic inequality through the lens of community ecology: a meta-analysis. PeerJ 3:e1457.
Yang YC, Huang L, Qian S, Fukuda K (2015) Completing the life history of Castanopsis fargesii: changes in the seed dispersal, seedling, and sapling recruitment patterns. European Journal of Forest Research 134:1143-1154.
- Qian S, Saito W, Mimura M, Kaneko S, Isagi Y, Mizumachi E, Mori AS (2014) Asymmetric gene flow and the distribution of genetic diversity in morphologically distinct Abies mariesii populations in contrasting eco-habitats. Plant Ecology 215:1385-1397.
Biodiversity and Conservation, Journal of Vegetation Science, Urban Forestry & Urban Greening, Ecological Research, Plant Diversity