Hi there and welcome to my personal website! I am an urban ecologist working in biodiversity science. Check my curriculum vitae below for details. If you have further questions, feel free to send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Current address: Faculty of Environment and Ecology, Chongqing University, Chongqing 400045, China
- Lecturer, Faculty of Urban Construction and Environmental Engineering, Chongqing University (2017.03 - Present)
- Postdoctoral Fellow, Postdoctoral Station of Ecology Chongqing University (2015.06 - 2017.05)
- Doctor of Environment Science, Yokohama National University (2012.04 - 2015.03)
- Master of Environment Science, Yokohama National University (2010.04 - 2012.03)
- Bachelor of Engineering, Nanjing Forestry University (2005.09 - 2009.06)
Areas of Interest
- Conservation ecology
- Ecosystem management
- Urban biodiversity
Peer-Reviewed Journal Articles
Huang L, Qian S*, Li T, Jim CY, Jin C, Zhao L, Lin D, Zhang J, Shang K, Yang Y*. (2019) Masonry walls as sieve of urban plant assemblages and refugia of native species in Chongqing, China. Landscape and Urban Planning (In Press) [*Corresponding Author]
Ding Y, Qian S*, Wu X, Zhao L, Lin D, Zhang J, Yang Y*. (2019) Homogenization of China’s urban aquatic macrophyte communities: A meta-analytic study. Ecological Indicators 106:105566 [*Corresponding Author]
Tang CQ, Yang YC, Momohara A, Wang HC, Luu HT, Li S, Song K, Qian S, LePage B, Dong YF, Han PB, Ohsawa M, Le BT, Tran HD, Dang MT, Peng MC, Wang CY. (2019) Forest characteristics and population structure of Glyptostrobus pensilis: a globally endangered relict species of southeastern China. Plant Diversity (In Press)
Lin D, Wang F, Fanin N, Pang M, Dou P, Wang H, Qian S, Zhao L, Yang Y, Mi X, Ma K. (2019) Soil fauna promote litter decomposition but do not alter the relationship between leaf economics spectrum and litter decomposability. Soil Biology and Biochemistry DOI: 10.1007/s11104-018-3865-5
Lin D, Pan M, Fanin N, Wang H, Qian S, Zhao L, Yang Y, Ma K. (2019) Fungi participate in driving home-field advantage of litter decomposition in a subtropical forest. Plant and Soil 434:467-480.
- Tang CQ, Matsui T, Ohashi H, Dong FY, Momohara A, Herrando-Moraira S, Qian S, Yang YC et al. (2018) Relict plant species in East Asia: identifying long-term stable refugia. Nature Communications 9:4488.
- Qian S, Tang CQ, Yi S, Zhao L, Song K, Yang YC (2018) Conservation and development in conflict: regeneration of wild Davidia involucrata (Nyssaceae) communities weakened by bamboo management in south-central China. Oryx 52:442-451.
- Qian S, Qi M, Huang L, Zhao L, Lin D, Yang YC (2016) Biotic homogenization of China’s urban greening: a meta-analysis on woody species. Urban Forestry & Urban Greening 18:25-33.
- Qian S, Yang YC, Tang CQ, Momohara A, Yi S, Ohsawa M (2016) Effective conservation measures are needed for wild Cathaya argyrophylla populations in China: insights from the population structure and regeneration characteristics. Forest Ecology and Management 361:358-367.
- Mori AS, Qian S, Tatsumi S (2015) Academic inequality through the lens of community ecology: a meta-analysis. PeerJ 3:e1457.
- Yang YC, Huang L, Qian S, Fukuda K (2015) Completing the life history of Castanopsis fargesii: changes in the seed dispersal, seedling, and sapling recruitment patterns. European Journal of Forest Research 134:1143-1154.
- Qian S, Saito W, Mimura M, Kaneko S, Isagi Y, Mizumachi E, Mori AS (2014) Asymmetric gene flow and the distribution of genetic diversity in morphologically distinct Abies mariesii populations in contrasting eco-habitats. Plant Ecology 215:1385-1397.
Biodiversity and Conservation, Journal of Vegetation Science, Urban Forestry & Urban Greening, Ecological Research, Plant Diversity